Styrene

Styrene

Saturday, July 25, 2026

Miles M.38 - Aeroclub 1/72nd scale vacuformed + tweaks

 





 Some of you maybe familiar with the mechanics of this blog. Usually a step-by-step building article is posted containing references and abundant photos of the process, often with links to sources, then the completed model. Well, I left my laptop in a remote location and will take some time to recover it, and that building article with plenty of information is in it. So for the time being I will present you the completed model.

 May this be a small (pun not intended) homage to John  Adams of Aeroclub fame, who has provided to me and others many hours of joy, together with other vacuform kit manufacturers like Lars Opland of Khee-Kha fame, Mike Herril of Execuform, Gordon Stevens of Rareplane, and so many others. This is one of John's early vacs, quite simple, but can still be built into a respectable model with some TLC.

The photo below, taken from the Net (explanation given at the top, my photos are for the moment inaccessible) shows the kit -minus it's white metal parts (prop and landing gear): 


 I opened the air intake and added a mock engine, new flaps, flap supports, linkages, new interior (seats, control columns, "instruments", rudder bars), Pitot, beacons, antenna, wind-driven generator, Venturi and door handles. The decals used are leftovers from this KP Miles M.38 kit that I have built some time ago (I just added the walkways):

https://wingsofintent.blogspot.com/2022/11/miles-m38-messenger-kp-172nd.html

This vintage Aeroclub model was fun to build, and this time of model helps you hone your skills and work out solutions that later can be applied to mainstream kits. 

Nothing like a touch of vintage, eh John?

If you like vacs, or would like to like them, this blog have dozens of them, many built together with their injected counterparts. There is much to enjoy and learn from this hands-on medium.

















Cute little thing: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment