Styrene

Styrene

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Civil Avro Anson, modified Airfix 1/72 kit with the Arctic Decals set

Here is finally the completed model of the Avro Anson in all its civil glory.
My thanks again to the kit donor, Ebil Genius and Modeling Nemesis Sönke Schulz from Marzipanland, Volkania.

The building article is here:
https://wingsofintent.blogspot.com/2019/01/airfix-172-avro-anson-conversion-kit.html

This was a long and somewhat winding road, but in the process I learned a large number of things about the kit and the original planes, that I will promptly forget as I face a second Anson build, ready to recur on old mistakes and make new ones.
Thanks also to Arctic Decals for the set I commissioned that allowed me to finish the model in such definitely not really subtle scheme 😉
There is a special joy in redeeming old dogs with new tricks, and you hone in the process those Shaolin skills. Master sandpaper would be so proud...









































Photos reminded me that I had forgotten to add the aileron hinges, horns with balances and control cables, so here they are:

2 comments: