Styrene

Styrene

Friday, July 19, 2019

Percival Proctor -Modified 1/72nd Frog vintage kit

 

(this is the completed model post, for the building article please go here:
 https://wingsofintent.blogspot.com/2019/05/percival-proctor-civil-adaptation-of.html

Carl Jung regaled us (among many other things) with the concept of "significant coincidences", which he enveloped on the idea of "synchronicity".

Little I knew, when I bought an affordable and vintage kit of the Percival Proctor to convert it -as I frequently do- into a civil machine, that the livery I would end up choosing (among a large number of candidates) will have a connection with my country or origin that I wasn't aware of.
As I was building the kit and gathering data on the chosen registration, G-AHWW, I came across a website (The Aviation Forum) that provided information about its pilot, Arthur Bradshaw, and stated that he had worked, about 1947, as a pilot for the Argentinean airline FAMA (Flota Aérea Mercante Argentina, loosely translated: Argentinean Merchant Air Fleet).
In 1950 Bradshaw returned to his natal New Zealand in the plane with his family. For the long flight he added an extra underbelly fuel tank. 

 The building of this vintage kit was simple and straightforward, and I indulged in just a couple of additions, to keep the effort and time invested in line with the quality of the molds. My thanks once more go to Arctic Decals from whom I commissioned the decals used. on this project (and many others). At the time of this post Dora Wings issues, -among many other nice civil subjects- a Mark I and Mark III of this plane in 1/72, which of course are contemporary molds that offer a superior quality and detail. But I like the old dogs once in a while, gives you this warm feeling of having rescued a kit, as it was famously said: "Take a sad song and make it better". 😊
















































3 comments:

  1. Very nice, it's hard to believe it's the old Frog kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encanta ese cambio de "look", Felicitaciones. Armando Gil.

    ReplyDelete