Styrene

Styrene

Monday, July 22, 2013

Gwinn Aircar (Scracthbuilt 1/72 model of second plane) completed

The second model –this time of the second plane built- is now completed.
I want to thank Mr. C Psarras and the wof-wof team from Malabamba for their kindness and diligence in providing the decals needed for this project. Without them I could not have finished it.
The first Gwinn Aircar model on this blog is here:
Building process:
Finished model:
Building process of this second model:
Nice references were published in Skyways Magazine, which is an overall excellent publication with lots of useful information:
This second, bronze-colored model was also a demanding endeavor due again to small size, complexity, shape, details, etc. and took -as the first- a long time to build.
The results are nice, though, and almost justify the time, resources and effort invested.
Enjoy!
(you can, you did not have to build it :-)


























2 comments:

  1. I've been building scale plastic models since 1973 - on a serious level that is. Your site here is one of the best resources that I have ever run across in all those years, bar none. I'd rate you at 100%. If you care to contact me back my e-mail is as follows. captnjon@yahoo.com Again your site is FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete